At Centurion Christian School, we believe in being vigilant and want to ensure that our students are Internet and Social Media savvy. We ask our learners to sign a Social Media Pledge, an agreement that is designed to keep them Internet-safe.
As a Learner at Centurion Christian School I commit to always using good cyber practices when using technology.
• I will always obtain permission to use the internet at school.
• I will always use my own login username and password on the network.
• I will not enter chat rooms/social media sites/ gaming sites unless instructed to do so by my teacher.
• I will only send e-mails which my teacher has approved, I will use polite and sensible language.
• I will communicate respectfully and responsibly online, taking care not to bully or hurt people because I understand that my actions have consequences.
• I will respect the freedom of speech of others even when I do not agree with them; if I see anything offensive I will inform my teacher.
• I will make sure that I do not break the law or the rules of the websites that I use; I will not distribute offensive or abusive material, if in doubt I will
• I will not give my address or phone number or arrange to meet anybody when sending e-mails.
• I will treat any request for any personal information as suspicious and will inform my teacher.
• If I see anything online that upsets me or if I receive any upsetting messages, I will inform my teacher.
• I understand that not all of the information I see online is true and will therefore first check to make sure
before I use it.
• I will respect other people’s privacy online and will not publish photo’s /names / personal information relating to other people without permission from my teacher.
• I will not look at/copy/change other people’s work or files.
• I will not copy or remove software from the school’s computers.
• I will not install system hardware or software onto school computers.
Download the Social Media pledge form on the Application Forms tab